For the past 30 years, New Zealand Sphagnum moss has been recognized worldwide as a premium Orchid growing media, but this hardy little plant, which has the capacity to hold up to 20 times its weight in water, exudes versatility.
While it can be used in very simple ways, such as adding a layer on top of potted plants to help them retain water, there are a vast number of other uses for it as well:
- It makes a great non-soil seed starter. Moisten moss and place the seeds within it until ready for transplanting.
- Keep air plants moist by ‘planting’ them in moss. Though air plants don’t need soil, they do need water, and placing them in a bed of New Zealand Sphagnum moss can help keep them moist between misting.
- Create your own moss basket liners to help soil-based plants retain their moisture
- Cover oasis with moss to help preserve those lovely cut flower arrangements from your garden and add natural beauty as well
- Create planters out of irregularly-shaped items
- Let your creativity run wild with Kokedama
- Grow stunning Staghorn Ferns
- Have you ever seen a beaming Bromeliad? – Add some New Zealand Sphagnum moss to their planting mix!
- And, did you know that New Zealand Sphagnum moss makes exceptional ?
So – whether your creativity takes you to Orchids, gardening, herpetology, or house plants – New Zealand Sphagnum Moss provides gardeners, animal-lovers and hobbyists with a clean, easy-to-use, affordable medium for all kinds of projects.
Let your imagination run free! And when you need Sphagnum Moss – think New Zealand – it’s the best!